Dec(orate) the Halls

On April 7th, the Grade Level Councils (GLCs) decorated their assigned section of the hallway to get the school in spirit

Chase Goldstein, Staff Writer

As spring break approached, students’ spirits were heightened by the nearing vacation time in addition to the ASC’s spirit week. To culminate spirit week, on Friday, April 7th each grade level’s theme for the year was incorporated into their decorations in a section of the 20’s hallway. The hall was flooded with pictures, streamers, and other festive ornaments.

The main purpose for the hallway decorations was to promote school spirit while also bringing each grade together in an effort for their grade to be named the winner. Each grade level adorned their section with decorations relating to their school year theme. For the seniors, their theme was Last Kids of the 90’s, and thus the GLC members decorated the hallway as memorable one where everyone could reflect on the past, complete with pictures ranging from students’ childhoods to recent photographs.

The juniors school theme was the beach, and their portion was made to look like a beach, from blue streamers to balloons. The sophomores covered their section with red decorations to express their grade color and their theme of fire fighters, complete with music pertaining to their theme, such as playing the song “Fire Burning.” The freshmen class decorated their section of the hallway with green decorations, also using their class color greatly.

In order to get all of the pictures and decorations organized, the members of each GLC stayed after school the day before and came early Friday morning to help set up, taping pictures, posters, streamers, balloons, glow sticks, and all of the names of each student in the grade up on the wall. Some members also took parts of the decorations home to work on. Senior GLC president Jordon Reynolds stated, “it was a huge success in terms of people liking it. The GLC was extremely pleased with the outcome, and the positive feedback they received from the hallway decorations.”

The GLC members worked extremely hard to get the school in spirit. Sophomore GLC president Arianna Valenti stated, “This year the turnout was awesome because all the classes did a great job and I think the students really enjoyed it. Mrs.Kelly told us to go all out with our decorations this year.”

The hallway decorations also received positive feedback from the students roaming the hallway. An ASC member, Gabby Santos, said, “the hallways looked really good, and all the hard work the GLC members did really paid off.” Students were dressed in their grade level color, and were amazed and impressed by the GLCs’ decorations.