From chromatic tones to sheer and flowing, fashion at 2017's Met Gala was truly mesmerizing.

Angelia Seda, Staff Writer

Every year, notable celebrities and icons from all around the world gather to attend the Met Gala, an annual fundraising event for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute. Each year the dress code of this event gets bigger, brighter, and bolder.

This year many there were many trends involving sheer cutouts and sheer material in general. Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid have been big followers of this trend and sported very sheer outfits at the Met Gala. Kendall was seen wearing a high end lingerie brand called La Perla and Gigi wore one of her closest business partner’s designs, Tommy Hilfiger.

Models Kendall and Gigi sporting sheer outfits at the Met Gala.

Another leading trend this year was floral prints and embroidery. Many celebrities were spotted sporting this trend, including Selena Gomez, Lily Rose Depp, Rihanna, Miranda Kerr, and Zendaya. Each made use of the print in a different way giving each dress a different feel and style. Given how versatile and captivating this trend can be, many expect to see a lot of floral print in the upcoming fashion seasons.

Selena Gomez wearing coach. Lily Rose Depp wearing Chanel. Rihanna wearing Comme Des Garcon.

Another huge year-round trend this year were simple colors like black and white. This trend made its debut at the Met Gala on Kim Kardashian West, Alexa Chung, and others. This trend has been widely appreciated in America as well as Europe, and it seems as though people cannot get enough. The predominant reason for its popularity is that it seamlessly works on anyone, giving a bolder and more intense appearance. As seen on West and Chung below, by wearing simple colors, a fashion statement is bound to be made.

Kim Kardashian West and Alexa Chung, both fashion icons, at the Met Gala.

The final big trend this year was chromatic silver accents on outfits. Naomi Campbell, Cara Delevingne, and Michelle Monoghan were the most notable icons sporting these trends at the Met Gala. Cara grabbed the most attention after shaving her head and using silver foil to accessorize it for her suit. Since silver flatters all, this trend will be show-stopping in fashion seasons to come as both an accent and color of fabric.

Michelle wore Paco Rabanne. Cara Delevingne wore Chanel. Naomi Campbell wore Alaia.