Filed under Fashion, Showcase

Spring Style

As the warm weather, bright days, and long-awaited spring season finally arrive, so do shorts, sunglasses, and sandals. With every new season, come new fashion trends to inspire new looks for the closets of WHRHS students.

Like the blooming flowers and the fluttering butterflies, spring fashion brings vibrant colors and patterns that vary each year. An anonymous WHRHS student commented, “I feel like my winter clothing is mostly dull colors, like black, and I can’t wait to get into the colorful outfits for spring.” This spring is all about mixing and matching. From fabrics like silk or denim to details like lace or fringe, this season focuses on wearing multiple textures, colors, or patterns that accent each other.

how-to-wear-boyfriend-jeans-400x266voguemagz.com
One trend, that has been a staple in everyone’s closets for decades, continues to be a top choice for this spring: denim, specifically in the form of boyfriend-style jeans. Boyfriend jeans are straight-legged, relaxed jeans that are typically cuffed at the bottom. They are designed to be comfortable and casual, making them easy to wear, popular among teens and young adults, and perfect for a breezy spring day.

What-to-wear-in-Bohemian-Stylegorgeautiful.com
Another spring trend so far has been the bohemian style inspired by festival season. One of the largest music festivals in America, Coachella, has just taken place recently and the “hippy” style brought by it has reached the hearts of girls across the nation, including students of WHRHS. Many clothing stores have designed lines specifically for the festival style or have a specific selection of “festival appropriate” clothes, making them more accessible and popular in this past month. Celebrities attending Coachella have displayed their outfits on social media, heightening the desire for this style of clothing.

tattoosguesswhatgirls.com
Along with the bohemian style, metallic temporary tattoos have also become very on-trend for this spring. These tattoos were first designed to resemble jewelry by the brand Flash Tattoos, but have been recreated by many other companies because of their sudden popularity. The versatility of the tattoos gives users the ability to create their own designs or employ the simplicity of the original. The ingenuity behind this product has quickly made its way into the top trends of spring.

Overall, warmer weather of spring is greatly welcomed by most and with it, the fashion trends of the season. From popular patterns to jewelry-resembling tattoos, this year’s spring fashion is definitely unique. But no matter what style one chooses, the most important rule of fashion is to wear whatever makes a person feel confident, radiant, and beautiful.